In case the pandemic is still continuing in September 2021, the WCPD2021 has been guaranteed against disruption by COVID-19 in the following ways:
• The conference will definitely be run live, face to face, unless there are governmental closures to the conference centre and/or the local transport systems
• The conference will definitely also be run virtually by video link, and this will take place independent of whether it is run live – so the conference is definitely taking place at least virtually
• Registrations to the conference can be either for the live conference, or for the virtual conference
• It will be possible to switch from a virtual to a live registration until the last minute, subject to space in the conference centre. It will always be possible to switch from live to virtual attendance.
• Numbers of live registration places will be limited by current social distancing guidelines. Therefore if you would like the option of live attendance we strongly recommend registering for live attendance in the first instance.
The City of Edinburgh
Edinburgh is one of Scotland’s most beautiful cities and an inspiring conference destination. It has everything a capital city should – world class culture, museums and art galleries, restaurants, theatres and nightlife. Few cities can equal its range of landmarks and attractions, both ancient and new.
A bustling and vibrant city, steeped in history and host to a variety of colourful festivals throughout the year, there is no shortage of things to do in Edinburgh. www.edinburgh.org
With an abundance of history, top quality attractions and beautiful architecture, Edinburgh is a city that you won’t forget in a hurry. Explore the Medieval Old Town and the elegant Georgian New Town, which sit side by side, and visit unique attractions throughout the city on a visit to Edinburgh.
Whether you’re short of time or are visiting Edinburgh as part of a wider holiday in Scotland, there’s lots to fill your time, from unforgettable historic sites and world-class festivals to fantastic shopping and mouth-watering dining.
For further information on what Scotland has to offer please visit: https://www.visitscotland.com/
Edinburgh International Conference Centre
150 Morrison St,
Edinburgh EH3 8EE
The Edinburgh International Conference Centre, or EICC for short, is the principal convention and conference centre in Edinburgh, Scotland.In the very heart of the city, The EICC is ideally located to take advantage of everything Edinburgh has to offer.
Marketing Edinburgh has been appointed as the hotel booking service for the Meeting and competitive rates have been secured at a wide selection of hotels both close to the venue and across Edinburgh.
Tel: +44 (0)131 473 3874
Flights to Edinburgh come into Edinburgh Airport, which is the busiest airport in Scotland and the 6th busiest in the UK, with 11.13 million passengers passing through in 2015 (that’s an average of 30,495 air passengers a day).
The airport hosts over 313 flights a day, with 32 airlines serving 173 routes to 122 destinations. No matter where you are in the world, flying to Edinburgh has never been so easy.
Edinburgh airport is only 8 miles (12km) from the city centre, with routes from Europe, North America, Middle East, and good connections with the rest of
the world making it easy for WCPD2021 delegates to travel here.
Edinburgh Trams run frequently from Edinburgh Airport to York Place in Edinburgh city centre seven days a week, from early morning until late in the evening. Depending on the time of day, the journey to the city centre is approximately 40 minutes. Tickets from the airport cost £5.50 for a single, or £8.50 for a return.
Bus AIRLINK 100 to Edinburgh city centre
A regular airport bus to Edinburgh city centre is operated by Airlink 100 and runs 24 hours a day – departing from Waverley Bridge. Departures are up to every ten minutes and depending on traffic, the average journey takes 25 minutes.
Tickets cost £4.50 for an adult single, or £7.50 for an airport return, and can be bought at the airport information desk, at the bus stop, from the driver or online.